This is the second in a series of three African Women's Development Fund primers entitled Feminist Perspectives on Governance, Peace and Security.
The primers are intended to:
1. Offer a review of the major debates on women, governance, peace and security in Africa.
2. Review and analyse women's movements' interventions in governance,
peace and security.
3. Offer a set of policy and advocacy priorities based on political and practical realities.
4. Benefit women's rights activists, organisations and people in government at the frontline of local and national mobilisation initiatives seeking to enhance women's leadership.
5. Assist in building alliances and structuring support across various institutions working towards enhancing women's political participation.
SOurce: Okech, Awino 2016 Gender and security in Africa. African Women's Development Fund (AWDF) download it here
Welcome to the gateway to the GDN Africa Regional Hub page.
This Regional Hub was officially launched at the 1st Biennial Conference of the Southern Africa Society for Disaster Reduction hosted by the African Centre for Disaster Studies (ACDS) on October 11, 2012 at 9am (Potchefstroom, South Africa). The hub is hosted by the African Centre for Disaster Studies in Potchefstroom South Africa (based at North-West University Potchefstroom Campus, Potchefstroom, North-West Province 2520, South Africa).
The contact person is Kylah Forbes-Biggs. More information can be found at the ACDS site here but if you want to help in any way the development of the GDN Africa Regional Hub then please get in touch with either Kylah Forbes-Biggs or Maureen Fordham.
this is just the beginning! We hope to soon have GDN Africa Hubs throughout the continent. Join us and make this happen!
Jamba: Journal of Disaster Risk Studies